SmartBuy will process the ticket cancellation request from You as per the cancellation/refund policy of IRCTC. The cancellation fee and the period taken to process the refund will differ, for details please refer to the IRCTC cancellation policy.
HDFC Bank/ SmartBuy will not be responsible for any change in IRCTC cancellation policy.
How does the customer cancel a ticket ?
You can cancel your ticket (partial & full ticket), booked through website (https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com), Online through “My Orders” in “Trains Transaction History” section after login. Cancellation is subject to IRCTC cancellation policy.
Alternatively, you can call our customer support at 18604251188 / 9986896688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for all cancellation related queries.
Customer will be entitled to get refund of ticket fare, as per IRCTC policy. Customer will not be entitled to refund for cancellation of tickets for any other reasons.
In the event of dishonour of ticket by IRCTC/IRCTC representative, The refund shall be processed in 10 to 15 working days, subject to refund receipt from the partner IRCTC and may be subject to SmartBuy cancellation charges, other non-refundable charges and discount availed at the time of booking.
SmartBuy does not support modification of train tickets.
TRAIN TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. You acknowledge that SmartBuy neither acts as a marketplace facilitating booking of railways tickets and therefore, neither influence nor controls the scheduling/rescheduling, cancellations or other changes to the delivery timelines or other related aspects of the railway tickets on offer. SmartBuy, not being last-mile service provider, shall not be deemed responsible/liable for any delay, inaccuracy, schedule change, update, cancellation, lack or deficiency of services provided by the railways.
2. Meal and berth preferences are available however final confirmation is upto IRCTC.
3. For information on luggage policies you are requested to check latest Railways baggage, animals or item carriage policies available at http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/.
4. Only e-tickets can be booked through SmartBuy. We do not support Paper tickets.
5. You can book a maximum of 6 seats/berths and 2 child (below 5 years) in a general quota train booking.
6. You can book a maximum of 4 seats/berths and 2 child (below 5 years) in a Tatkal quota train booking.
7. Travelers can check Railways policies related to Suvidha trains through this link http://contents.irctc.co.in/en/Suvidha.pdf.
8. Seat upgradation is based on railways policies for more information please visit https://www.irctc.co.in/eticketing/loginHome.jsf.
9. Photo Id proofs accepted by Railways are as follows, passengers not carrying a valid Id's may get denied boarding the train or may be asked to de-board at any station by concerned railway authorities :-
1. Valid Passport
2. Voter photo identity card
3. Driving License issued by RTO
4. Pan Card
5. Photo Identity card having serial number issued by Central / State Government
6. Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their students
7. Aadhaar card
8. Photo identity cards having serial number issued by public sector Undertakings of State/Central Government, District Administrations, Municipal bodies and Panchayat Administrations
9. For Non-Indians, their Country's Passport will constitute sole authorized ID
10. Ration card will be accepted as proof of identity for undertaking journey under Tatkal scheme only if the passenger whose photograph is available on the ration card is travelling
10. Seat/berth allotment is done by Railways based on their allocation logic after booking confirmation, Company does not guarantee allotment of preferred seat/berth.
11. Components of the fare are described below
1. Base Fare
2. Reservation Charges by railways
3. Superfast Charges (if applicable)
4. Any other charges, as specified by Railways
5. Any Concession/Discounts (if applicable)
6. Tatkal Charges (where ever applicable)
7. IRCTC Service Charges
8. SmartBuy handling Charges
9. SmartBuy Payment Gateway Charges
12. Prices listed on the final summary page is inclusive of all applicable taxes and fees
13. SmartBuy, though makes an effort to keep latest railways terms and conditions visible on our platform but cannot be held accountable in case of any changes to the terms and conditions. Travelers are advised to keep a check of latest railways TnC's by visiting https://www.services.irctc.co.in/beta_htmls/term.html.
14. Railways may offer special concessions/discounts for senior citizens, female passengers and children, the amount or extent of concession is not decided by SmartBuy, all customers are advised to check latest railways policies for active/applicable discounts.
15. Train functionality on Site will not be functional between 11:45 PM to 00:15 AM due to system downtime at Railways' end. Also, passengers will not be able to book non tatkal tickets between 8 am to 8.15 am for general classes, from 10 am to 10.15 am for Tatkal AC classes, and from 11 am to 11.15 am for Tatkal non-AC classes.
16. Passengers are required to remember their IRCTC user name and password in order to book trains on SmartBuy, If a passenger doesn't remember their IRCTC password after payment is made, refund will be initiated automatically.
17. Travelers must carry their e ticket at the boarding, failing which Railways authorities may charge applicable fees for issuing a copy of ticket.
18. To read information on optional insurance policies, please visit http://contents.irctc.co.in/en/InsuranceTermCondition.pdf.
19. Passengers can check Railways rules for cancellations, refunds and TDR through this http://contents.irctc.co.in/en/REFUND RULES wef 12-Nov-15.pdf.
20. Change in boarding point and name of passenger are not supported by the Site and customers are required to take the print out of the issued eticket to nearest railway reservation counter along with the photo identity proof mentioned in the e-ticket. For complete information on ticket amendments please read https://www.services.irctc.co.in/beta_htmls/Eticket_new_cancel.html.
21. IRCTC service charge, SmartBuy handling charge and Payment gateway charges are non-refundable. Bookings can only be cancelled through the SmartBuy website. https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com
22. Passengers with a confirmed e-ticket are permitted to board the train. Their names will appear on the boarding chart. Final booking status such as confirmed/RAC with the names of passengers will appear on the boarding chart. Waitlisted bookings/PNR's will not be listed on the boarding chart, existing railways rules will apply if fully waitlisted travelers are found traveling.
23. The bookings made on SmartBuy website is subject to cancellation charges levied by the Indian Railways. It may vary depending on the cancellation time and booking quota (tatkal/general/ladies/premium).
24. Railways automatically cancels the fully waitlisted e-tickets after chart preparation. The refund in such cases gets automatically credited to your bank account used for booking such tickets after deduction of SmartBuy handling charges, any other non-refundable charges and discount/ coupon, if any available at the time to booking.
25. SmartBuy offers below functionality to customers:
1. Book trains - Travelers can search and book trains
2. PNR status - Updated PNR status such as waitlisted, confirmed, RAC etc. can be viewed on SmartBuy using Check PNR tab in Train category landing page.
3. Cancel ticket – Travelers can cancel ticket online (full and partial ticket cancellation supported)
HDFC Bank/ SmartBuy will not be responsible for any loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure) and any other indirect or consequential loss to You when You commenced using the Website.